15.1.10

Idea - Origins

So I am going to discuss how I got the idea.

I may have gotten this idea from when I was in secondary school, where I wrote down sentences (or sentence fragments) that were purely random ideas and thoughts that popped into my head. Studying Psychology and Sociology reinforced my idea that people have a lot of little thoughts (fleeting random ideas) that are forever forgotten, but no matter how strange they are nor how much you think others don't have them, somebody usually does.

I kept a book, a green composition notebook and the last pages were filled with sentences not only from me, but from others. This is how I kept myself occupied during classes that didn't interest me. It was also entertainment for others, as well as a way for me study others (yes, that sounds strange... I'm an observer, what can I say?). It got me interested in sociology, social theory, communication, linguistics, and so on and so forth. I may be an engineering student, but [to me] people and societies are more interesting.

This was just a random bit that I came up with while telling people about the project. People ask me why I got this idea, and I think it sprouts from these past experiences.

Number of responses: about fifty, basically one per day (works with the 1-1 theme, heh)

No comments:

Post a Comment